Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Microwave Caramels

So I thought I got these from Six Sisters Stuff, but now I'm not sure because can't find them again. There are lots of similar recipes on Pinterest though if you're wanting to try others. We love this and it's so yummy and quick. I recommend only making one batch at a time because we haven't had great luck doubling the batch.

1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk

Combine all ingredients in a microwave save bowl until smooth. Cook for 6 minutes in your microwave, removing and stirring every two minutes. When caramel is done cooking, pour into a greased 9x13" pan. Let cool completely (in the fridge is faster). Cut into pieces and roll up into wax paper.

Note: if you use dark brown sugar or dark corn syrup, it will just make the caramels look darker...they will still taste fine.
Other Note: The recipe says it makes 12 caramels, but for us it makes 3-4 dozen because we like ours small - like just bite size.

Hope you love it like we do!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny you would post this today. I made these twice this week. The first time in the microwave and the second time on the stove. It's a great basic caramel recipe! I always put kosher salt on the top after the caramel has been poured into the pan. My other favorite thing to do is add 1 tsp anise oil and 1/2 tsp black food coloring once it's done cooking and before pouring. Black licorice caramel!! Seriously my fave!

    ReplyDelete