Monday, December 29, 2014

How do I plan our chow time?

I don’t feel as organized as Paige in my meal planning technique, but I do the same thing every time I plan so I guess it’s a strategy. 
I start by going through the Smith’s add and mark the things I think we need or would use. Then I try to use Shopping Smart to see what they say is a good deal at Smith’s (but lately I haven’t been able to get their web site to load and if it does, Smith’s isn’t listed so it doesn’t always help.) Then, I go through my list of recipes here at home and a quick check of my Pinterest board (called, Yum! Dinner) to find recipes that include ingredients that are in the weekly add and in my pantry. Some times I just throw caution to the wind and add something brand new to the menu just because I gotta add some excitement and variety to our life.
I don’t usually plan for lunches because Brett takes last night’s dinner leftovers to work for his lunch and the kids and I just fend for ourselves. I’d like to be better at planning and having things on hand for lunches though. Truly, it’s not even on my radar when I’m meal planning. I did make an effort this week though so I’ll sneak those in here somewhere…..
That’s about as technical as I get. I enjoy cooking; I just wish they didn’t want to eat EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment