Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Crispy Lemon Chicken Pasta

STOP the presses! Your family needs this meal in their lives. We even ate ours on whole wheat pasta and my Mister didn't even mention it (usually he says, it's good, but would be better on regular noodles). It was THAT good.
The recipe comes from a site called Kevin & Amanda and it has a very specific recipe, but I'll tell you how I made it because it is a tad easier and fed all of us with leftover for lunch tomorrow.
photo from Kevin & Amanda - mine was delish but didn't look like this :)


1 (12 oz) box of pasta (we had thin spaghetti)
4 chicken breasts, pounded out so they will cook evenly and quickly
salt
pepper
garlic salt
flour
5 Tbsp butter, divided(I took mine straight out of the fridge and sliced it up for easier use)
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
(the recipe calls for lemon zest, but I didn't have a lemon to zest)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
1: Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain and set aside. Season chicken GENEROUSLY on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Then dredge chicken in flour until coated on all sides. (I just used my shakers and sprinkled all three seasonings over the chicken, put it down on a plate where I poured 1/4-1/2 c. of flour, seasoned the other side and then flipped it over and made sure it was all covered in flour with my hand)
2: Heat 2 Tbsp butter (this is where it helped to have them pre-cut into Tbsp) in large skillet over medium-high heat. When butter is hot and starts to brown, add the chicken and cook on each side, flipping once, until golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 5 min per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3: In the same skillet (don't take anything out from cooking the chicken because the seasoned flour on the bottom of the pan adds a delectable dimension to the sauce) add the remaining 4 Tbsp butter. When melted and foamy, add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream and bring to a simmer (while I stirred the cream I also scraped the cooked parts off the bottom of the pan). Add the lemon juice (and zest) and combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth and melted.
4: Plate the pasta and top with chicken and then sauce.
5: Thank me for increasing the joy in your life. :)

Note: It helped a ton to have the garlic minced, the cheese grated, the cream pre-measured, and the butter cut before I started. That way I didn't get caught up prepping and let my yummy dinner burn. All the other parts I pulled out and measured when it was their time because they were right there.

1 comment:

  1. Um yes! I'm going to make this delicious lemon chicken this week. Also, I love Kevin and Amanda. They have simple and easy recipes that work for our taste and budget. A lot of their recipes are my go tos.

    ReplyDelete