Friday, May 15, 2015

Chicken Avocado Burgers

I apologize for the hiatus. I thought I was only a week late, but it turns out I'm SEVERAL weeks late in posting a new menu. I haven't tried all of these recipes, but I am in need of new stuff. The weather can't decide if it wants to be warm or cold or both, and it is causing me food-stress (it's a thing - I'm sure of it) so I can't commit to summer food when it's pouring outside and I don't want comfort food when I come in from 70+ degree weather. So....this time I looked up the weather before I planned my menu. BAM! WHAT!
So on warmish days we are having fun summer foods (like today's option) and on cold days (like Saturday and Sunday) we are having comfort food in the crock pot. I hope this works. I'm trusting you google weather app.

Chicken Avocado Burgers
1 pound ground chicken (I couldn't find chicken so I'm using turkey...they're like the same...both birds)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 avocado, cubed (on the firmer side)
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Gently fold in avocado cubes trying not to mash them up too much. Form into 4 patties. Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill for about 4 min per side - until juices run clear.

*note: these needed A LOT more salt than I added, but they were pretty good. We just ate them plain because I forgot to buy buns but no body seemed to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment