Thursday, October 29, 2015

Chicken Cordon Bleu

If you say it with a Julie Childs accent, it sounds fancier! I may or may not have seen Julie and Julia recently :)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I did 3 regular breasts for our family)
1/2 lb. deli-sliced cooked ham (I bought the 2 lb ham from the meat dept. and cubed half of it - a later recipe calls for ham so it works out)
1/2 lb. baby swiss cheese, sliced
10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 box dry stuffing mix, prepared according to box directions (which I forgot to do but it still turned out - luckily)

Layer all ingredients in the order they are listed into your slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender but not dry. My chicken was mostly thawed when I started so ours was done after 5 hours.

Served with a steamed veggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment