Monday, January 26, 2015

Rotisserie Chicken in the Crockpot

Good Bright Cheery Monday Morning! If you haven't been to Smith's yet, you gotta run over today! These deals end today, and I have a really good idea of what to do with them!

Smith's Heritage Farm whole chickens (and drumsticks - which are great for Italian Chicken Bake and Garlic Chicken Parmesan Drumsticks) are only $0.99 per pound! Yep! It's a pretty great deal! 
My mom passed on a recipe for a rotisserie chicken in the crockpot that is supposed to be divine!
I'm going to try it today! Then I'm going to use the leftovers tomorrow for Pizza!

1 (4lb) whole chicken, insides removed and washed/patted dry
1/2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp all purpose seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp sald

1: Start by mixing together paprika, all purpose seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
2: Place 4 medium sized foil balls in bottom of crockpot. This will act as a stand to prevent the chicken from drying out. (she says you can also use large 2 inch chunks for root veggies like potatoes, carrots, and onions instead of foil, and that's what I plan to do so that my whole meal is done at once).
3: Rub seasoning over your entire chicken (including the inside of the bird). Place on top of foil balls (or veggies). Cover and cook on HIGH for 4- 4 1/2 hours, or LOW for 6 1/2 - 8 hours.

Here is the original link from Family Fresh Meals.

*A little advice: It helped me to have a plastic bag over my hand when I reached inside the chicken to pull the "insides" out. It was hard for me to mentally conquer so next time, I'm going to have Brett do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment